Monday, November 4, 2013

Quick Craft

After taking down our Halloween decorations, I realized I lacked a November-ish wreath to adorn our abode and I don't do Christmasy until after Thanksgiving (except for music....) I am also broke, as usual (new baby...new house...it's worth it) So I whipped this up in less than an hour for less than a dollar. Actually, it was free. :)

Materials:
  • scraps of burlap and fabric leftover from other projects/donated
  • fabric scissors
  • wire hanger
  • needle nose pliers
  • embellishments (pine cones, ribbon, etc. optional- I didn't use any) 
Cost: $0.00
With help from my husband and a pair of pliers, I took apart the hanger and bent it into as nearly a perfect circle as possible twisting the ends of the hanger into the circle. It was very imperfect but doesn't matter. Then I cut strips of the burlap and cream flannel and tied them around the hanger alternating colors until I ran out of burlap. Then I filled in the gaps with more of the flannel. Then I done hung it on mah door. The end.



Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment