Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today I went visiting teaching. While I was preparing some bookmarks for the ladies I visit teach, I decided to write a card for my own visiting teacher who will soon be moving away to the East Coast.  She has expressed to me her desires to "get a Master's degree and possibly start a PhD program" before having children. I wanted to share what I wrote her.

Dear, sweet, [Name withheld]*
You have been an incredible visiting teacher and have taught me so much!! Thank you.
There are some things that are easier expressed in writing and before you leave, I want you to have my testimony of motherhood. [Name withheld], there is no greater calling or honor in this world than being a mother to God's precious children. He loves them so very much and wants them to experience this beautiful earth life. Nothing in this world can compare with the joy of having our own sweet families. Children are Life's greatest treasures. There is so much pulling for women's attention in our world today and so many seemingly noble distractions. Remember the Church's counsel not to wait. Waiting only puts off our joy.
I love you and wish you the very best. I hope that soon includes a little you or [hubby] to cuddle to sleep each night. [Heart]

Love always,
Your grateful visit-teachee
Mary Shade






1 comment:

  1. Amen to that sweet Mary. I'm so grateful for the joy your precious little Hannah gives to all of us and wouldn't have it any other way! Motherhood far surpasses the degrees and the honors of the world that are so enticing to the young child bearing women of our time until it is too late for them to have that "quiver full of children".

    ReplyDelete