Wednesday, March 10, 2010

365 Wonderful Days


~March 8, 2010~


For the past several weeks, Paul and I have been reminding each other that March 8th was coming up.... as if either of us could forget. March 8th, 2009 was the day that Paul and I first met at a dinner date hosted at Sam Menasco's apartment in Provo, UT. We celebrated it like a miniature anniversary. I am still learning (quite pleasantly) what a romantic man I call my husband! Though I knew we would be making a special dinner that night, I was elated to come home from school to find a vase of beautiful flowers on the table, a special gift and a homemade card (designed and created by Paul himself). What a special surprise! Not only was it sweet that he got me flowers, they were daisies, which was the main flower at our wedding.


My beautiful daisies.



The figurine was especially meaningful, one reason being that I collect Willow Tree (especially the young family themes) but mostly that it represents what Paul and I look forward so much to having, our own family. I was so touched by all of it and feel so lucky to be married to this wonderful man!

The rest of the evening followed nicely as well. We prepared the same dinner we ate that night- Parmesan Chicken, peas and mashed potatoes (which I made characteristically late) and enjoyed a quiet movie together at home. We are happy to have known each other for over a year now and to be happily married for seven months!!


Recipe for Parmesan Chicken
Compliments of Michelle Shade

1 bottle Italian Dressing
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Large Ziplock bag
4-6 chicken breasts

Pour dressing into bag. Add parmesan cheese and squish bag to mix.
Add chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours.
Place marinated chicken in a baking dish or pan.
Add remaining marinade (pour some over chicken).
Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until done. Enjoy!


*Special Note: Best served with garlic mashed potatoes and peas.


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary of your meeting! I'm so happy that you're happy! I think your man is awfully smart and sweet--knowing just what you like! I love having one of those. :) All the best girly!

    ReplyDelete